Validation Code

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fire Safety/Prevention Songs, Books, Resources








Firefighter
I'm a little firefighter on the go
Here is my helmet; here is my hose
When I see a fire hear me shout
Turn on the water and put the fire out

911 Song
I know a number that is really hot,
It's only for people in a hot, hot spot.
If you see a fire, if you see a crime,
The number is the same every single time.
This very special number is never for fun.
This very special number is 911.

Stop, Drop, and Roll
What do you do when your clothes catch fire?
Three simple steps to put out that fire
Stop! where you are, don't run, no don't run
Drop! To the ground, and roll all around.
What do you do when your clothes catches fire?
Three simple steps to put out the fire

Always Alert
I am a smoke detector and I say "Beep"
(squat)I am your nose when you're asleep.

(point to your nose; then pretend to sleep

)If there is a fire and smoke is all around,
(Wiggle hand and fingers all around.)
I'll wake you up with a very loud sound.
(Jump up and raise your hands high.) 

BEE-EE-EE-EEP! (Everyone beeping.) 
National Fire Safety Council


Books
Fire! Fire! by Gail Gibbons
Fire by Maria Rims
Fire Engine by Anne Rockwell
I'm a Firefighter by Mary Packard
Clifford the Firehouse Dog by Norman Bridwell
Emergency by Gail Gibbons 
Firehouse Dog by Amy and Richard Hutching 
One Dark Night by Robert A. and Marlene J. McCracken
"Fire! Fire!" Said Mrs. McGuire by Bill Martin, Jr.
Firefighter
by Norma Simon 
Smoky Night by Eve Bunting
I Am Fire by Jean Marzollo
The Fire Engine Book
Firefighters by Robert Maass

I Want to be a Fire Fighter by Linda Lee Mayfair 
I'm Going to be a Fire Fighter by Edith Kunhardt
Fire Drill! by Janet Craig

No comments: