Validation Code

Monday, February 6, 2012

February -Nellie Edge News-Ideas


1. Give Your Children Delightful February
Love-Day Songs

Oh, My Darling Valentine
(To the tune of Clementine)
February is a short month
28 days or 29
In the middle is a love-day,
Won't you be my Valentine?
Oh, my darling
Oh, my darling
Oh, my darling Valentine.
In the middle is a love-day,
Won't you be my Valentine?
—Author Unknown
This “just right” song came to me from mentor, retired kindergarten teacher, Joanie Cutler. Clementine is a contagious melody, so you may find yourself repeating, “In the middle, is a love-day, won’t you be my Valentine?” over and over again. What a memorable way for children to learn about February calendar skills, the concept of “middle”, and cultural traditions of love and friendship!
Download: Oh, My Darling Valentine for your Poetry and Song (“I Can Read”) Notebook.
Sing and dance everyday in kindergarten: It’s how the brain learns best!
View our growing collection of songs and rhymes: February Themes of Love and Friendship
This is the monthly newsletter from the Nellie Edge Excellence in Kindergarten and Early Literacy site. For more information and resources visit www.nellieedge.com.

No comments: