Validation Code

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back to School Welcome Letter

 
 Dear Parents,

Welcome to second grade at Pine Tree Elementary School! We have a very busy and exciting year in store for us! Let me introduce myself. My name is Charlotte Jackson. I have lived in this area for most of my life. My husband's name is Lloyd W. Jackson, a retired employee of Texas Eastman. We have traveled a lot to places like Thailand, Costa Rico, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Hawaii, Mexico, Bahamas, Cancun, Alaska, Canada, and many of the states of the U.S. The cruises to the Caribbean and to Alaska were my favorite trips. I enjoy playing tennis, relaxing with family and friends, watching movies, gardening, reading, and surfing the net. Learning is a lifetime goal of mine. I got a Bachelors of Science degree, Masters of Education, Reading Specialization, Language and Learning Disabilities Degree, and an Educational Diagnostician's Degree to help me become a better teacher. I consider myself fortunate to be among such a professional staff at Pine Tree.

I realize that teaching your child is a privilege, as well as a tremendous responsibility. I will do my best this year to ensure that each student has a motivating and safe learning experience in the classroom. However, I cannot do this alone. I need your help. We both need to be partners in the learning process. I need each of you to encourage your child at home by helping to ensure that they have completed their assignments, and help them study for quizzes, if necessary. I know with your help that we are going to have a great year!

These are some of my favorite things:
Colors: blue, green, pink Foods: fruits, pizza, chocolate-Snickers and Peanut M&M's
Drinks: Diet Dr. Pepper, Lemonade, Gatorade
Music: Classical
Places to eat: Pizza King, Subway, Chick-fil-a, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Bodacious, Jason's Deli, Lupe's, Chinese, Mexican
Favorite movies: There are too many!
Collections: crystal, dolls, angels, jewelry, bears, tennis items, coins, cookbooks, candles
TV shows: NCIS, Mentalist, HGTV, Food Network
Traveling around the world

Sincerely,
Mrs. Charlotte Jackson

More School or Classroom Resources:
http://mrscjacksonsclass.com/

No comments: